[thelist] publishing pics of vehicles - permission/protocol

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Jul 24 15:51:23 CDT 2008

TJ corrected me on one item:

>>I hear what you're saying.  Sorry about the hijack (not really a cross-posting).

Hi TJ,

True.  My bad.  I saw the 'iwebforums....' in your addy pop up when I hit 'reply all' and assumed you were cross posting to another forum somewhere.  Sorry about that.  I should have looked a little closer.

However, we're both well off the web development topic and we both owe tips for mostly adding noise to thelist at this point.  If you want to take this up on thechat (evolt's discussion list for all NON-Web items) ... that would be fine.  It's been quiet over there anyway.  ;-)

Finally,

>>The news does it all the time.

... and the courts (to the best of my current knowledge anyway) do not yet recognize blogosphere folks as respectable journalists.  Sooooo ... if you're not a cop with a badge or a journalist with proper credentials then you're just an ordinary citizen without any special authority or privilege. Righteousness is not a 'get out of jail free' card!  It's a bad idea.

Have a Peaceful Day,
RonL.

<tip>
Nice paper (pdf) here on 'snowflake' database designs:
http://www.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/~MARK/download/star.pdf
</tip>