[thelist] DreamWeaver content locking

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri Aug 8 17:59:54 CDT 2008

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Joel D Canfield <joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm almost equally fuzzy, but DW calls them 'editable content'
>>

> Someone just replied offlist with this link:
>
> <http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamweaver/9.0/help.html?content=WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-7a94.html>
>
> :: which, in case anyone else needs it,  turned up:
>
> <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="..." -->
> <!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
>
> :: which is all I need at this point. I think :-)
>
> T'anks,
>
> H*

Maybe not exactly.  the templates use the word template and the
extension is .dwt.  but in the contribute editable html/htm/php files,
it should be called

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="whatever" -->
<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

And in Dreamweaver MX you find it under Insert --> Template Objects -->
Editable Region

As it happens so long as you follow the constructs you can edit your
files in your favorite text editor and not break "Contribute";  Let's
rephrase that as contribute to further breaking contribute...

-Bob