[thelist] more menu woes (IE6 is ignoring me)

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Mon Sep 1 21:59:26 CDT 2008

Joel D Canfield wrote:
> I thought I was making progress down a completely different path. This
> words as expected in FF and IE7:
>
> http://www.goldenstateoutdoorsman.com/gso/index3.asp
>
> IE6, the hover state works on the 'Forums' link, but the submenus don't
> show up. I've bashed my head against all kinds of position:static and
> z-index fixes and ain't gettin' nowhere.
>
> joel
>
> --
> Joel D Canfield
> Book at BizBa6.com
> 916.771.9297 office
> 916.765.1712 cell
> http://BizBa6.com/ <http://bizba6.com/>

Joel,

For IE <= 6 you may need to obtain the a csshover.htc file and implement
it as:

html, body {
behavior:url("csshover.htc");
}

Get one from: www.dottedi.biz/codesamples/csshover.htc . It may break
CSS validation but you can sort of hide it by moving it into a separate
stylesheet.  I will add this note to the documentation in my CSS in the
menu examples at www.dottedi.biz/codesamples/ .

Also to improve stability try:

div#hmenu ul.level2 {
top: 31px; ==>> try 30px might be less sensitive
left: -1px;
}

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!