[thelist] t

Brent Eades beades at almonte.com
Sun Sep 7 15:13:29 CDT 2008

Paul Bennett wrote:

> Agreed - the Mini's XSLT stylesheet is long - and painful to work
> with.
>
> My recommendation is to write in a include to a JavaScript file and
> use the JS to run over the DOM to remove the urls.
>
> Having a look at the outputted view source will give you an idea of
> what elements / classes hold the info your want to strip.
>
> If you're comfortable with JS this will be a lot easier & faster than
> fighting with the XSLT

'Painful' is too moderate a word to describe working with the GoogleMini
stylesheet. I'm fairly comfortable with XSLT, but this stylesheet is
some mutant refugee from XSLT hell, I think.

I had been starting to think about the JS/DOM route -- although that too
will be challenging because the HTML output by the stylesheet is a
nested-table nightmare almost completely devoid of id's and classes --
but I tend to agree, probably still easier in the long run.

--
Brent Eades
Almonte, Ontario