[thelist] PHP's mail()

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Tue Sep 9 11:44:57 CDT 2008

Sounds like your Web Hosting Company has an entry for that domain in their mail service. So it thinks the domain is local and never checks the MX record.

If you can't get the ISP to fix that, have the domain owners setup a local account for the WebServer and use the mail function to attach to their SMTP service (login via the credentials provided) and you should be able to drop local mail and relay through their server to other domains.