[thelist] PHP database application framework

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:03:42 CDT 2008

CodeIgniter FTW!

(Not to start any holy wars ;-)  I took a long look at all the PHP
frameworks I could find before I selected CodeIgniter as our framework
at work.)

I liked CakePHP, but found it to be too "under-development" for me.
Symfony requires a level of committment to their "way" which I was
unwilling to give.

CodeIgniter is, as Rasmussen said, "least like a framework". It has a
modified version of the active record pattern built in which will be
good enough for most cases. It's very easy to learn and has a
comprehensive user guide and an active, supportive community.

-Jay