[thelist] [Thread hijack warning!] > PHP to Python

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Thu Sep 11 16:19:15 CDT 2008

Hi John,

Python certainly is interesting and projects like Django are giving it a lot of publicity. The only thing I see holding it back is getting the hosting right, and even that's starting to change. (This is what held Ruby on Rails back, especially as shared hosting performance with Ruby was, at least initially, pretty awful)

Getting comfortable with Python is definitely on my 'to-do' list :)  - thanks for the motivation

Paul