[thelist] CMS: opensource or hand-roll?

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Sep 17 22:27:36 CDT 2008

So... What about a person developing ONE type of website for ONE type of
client, for example:

http://www.hostbaby.com

Which I'm pretty sure is run off an in-house CMS... Is it likely that,
were a site like this to start today, they'd be better off customizing
an open-source CMS?

 From my experience, functionality/flexibility is sometimes a trade-off
with usability.  And that sometimes it's better for a CMS to focus on
doing fewer things, better.

Erika