[thelist] Web Site hacked wasiPhone (browser) detection

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 07:53:50 CDT 2008

> I take it back, they have hacked the file system ...

I used to host with HostRocket. Then someone hacked into their servers
and edited our files, adding a virus for visitors. They corrected the
situation but I started hosting elsewhere. A colleague of mine
remained with them and his site was then hacked, the same way!

Then another person I know on MaximumASP was hacked the same way.

This is simply a sign of a bad host. The only thing which can be done
is to switch to a host with better security.

Fred