[thelist] Moving to ASP.Net

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Oct 8 19:18:06 CDT 2008

There should not be any issue - .NET just uses a Provider to talk to SQL Server. SQL Server uses TDS as it's wire-line protocol and has for a number of versions.

The reason you are probably seeing a lot of SQL Server 2005 examples is that SQL Server 2000 is quite old. SQL Server 2005 also have some options for those people who host databases at hosting companies that you don't get with SQL Server 2000. Also, SQL Server 2000 SP4 mainstream support ended in April this year, so you might want to look at upgrading at some point...

Cheers
Ken