[thelist] DNS MS Servers

Arthur Maloney ArthurM at seipas.com
Sun Oct 19 02:08:25 CDT 2008

Hello Thelist,

  Any though's/ recommendations

I've inherited adding/Editing .dns files to primary & secondary DNS servers.

Its a manual process using templates stored in the samples folder. I open a template edit and save it.

I'm trying to do this with code ideally C# reading domain info from a database (OK with all of that)

It appears if I dynamically build .dns and save it to the file system I then have to update the registry and restart the DNS service.

Writing to the registry seems messy. Typically I have 200-300 web sites operational so I'm not keen on restarting the DNS service.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Best regards,
 Arthur                          mailto:ArthurM at seipas.com