[thelist] MySQL and Ubuntu8.04

Steve marathon.durandal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:41:06 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 02:29:49PM +0000, Kevin Timmins wrote:

> Hi there,
> Yeah i tried the blank one and also tried many combinations of sudo with various common passwords, ie password root admin etc etc etc
> i think i am just going to completely uninstal it and then rebuild it, the person who did it originally was learning as he was setting it up so may not have know what was happening etc. i will keep ya'll posted though.
> cheers
> kev.

I would ask on the Ubuntu specific lists as being based on Debian they
probably have different default setups for MySQL then say Slackware or an
RPM based distro has.

My default Debian Lenny used a blank pwd originally.

--
Best Regards,

Steve

_Mutt E-mail client:_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutt_(e-mail_client)

"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good."
	      	     -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)