[thelist] displaying numbers from XML attributes in a Flash Application

Bruce Gilbert webguync at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 16:52:05 CDT 2008

Hello List,

I found a little flash based MP3 application that works wonderfully
and you can store the MP3 data via XML and import into the application
that way. I came across a little snag however in that numbers don't
display in the application if they are part of the XML attribute. For
example if in the XML I have:
<track source="tracks/U2_Bad.mp3" artist="U2" album="The Unforgettable
Fire" title="Bad" />

in my Flash application it will only display the U under artist and
not U2. If I change it to Utwo then it displays, so I know there is a
problem with displaying numbers as an XML attribute. I am assuming
this is an XML thing and not something in the Flash or ActionScript,
but I could be wrong. Does the XML attribute need to be escaped
somehow? If I need to provide more XML code or ActionScript code, I
can do so.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

--
::Bruce::