[thelist] ie JS array limitations?

Volkan Özçelik volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 02:58:58 CDT 2008

> And it's all the same code, just different sizes/colors (data) and ie
> displays most all other products fine.

May be you can find the limitation by gradually increasing the size of
the test data.

Just a blind guess, but I think it has something to do with IE's
rendering engine.
I experienced a similar situation: I was filling a definition list with
<dt> <dd> pairs dynamically., where the CPU was going %100 for about 10
or so seconds in IE.
In my test case, there were no observeble CPU utilization problems in
Firefox or Opera. The only problematic browser was IE (v6 I guess).
And the only solution I came up with was splitting and paginating the data.

p.s.
Have you tested it with IE8 beta?
Do you observe anything peculiar with the system (in terms of memory and
CPU utilization?

Hope that helps,

--
Volkan Ozcelik