[thelist] installing Zend Framework

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 12:18:18 CST 2008

I've installed Zend Framework on a couple shared hosts for some of my clients and it's always gone without a hitch. Upload the library folder, change the path in PHP to include that folder and take off. No biggie. But now I'm trying to install it on my own dedicated server at ThePlanet and nothing seems to work. I've posted this on a couple forums to no avail. So, I come sacraficing small animals to the gods of Evolt in hopes that someone here can show me what I'm doing wrong. :)

I've installed the library folder in /usr/share/Zend/
Updated PHP's include_path to .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home:/usr/share/Zend/library

I have a page that starts off with:

	include_once('/Zend/Loader.php');
	//I've also tried it without the / in front of the Z.
	Zend_Loader::registerAutoload();

And it generates the following errors:

Warning: include_once(/Zend/Loader.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mckimmey/public_html/search_new.php on line 2

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/Zend/Loader.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home:/usr/share/Zend/library') in /home/mckimmey/public_html/search_new.php on line 2

Now, the path to the loader.php file is /usr/share/Zend/library/Zend/loader.php
so I don't understand why it's not finding it.

Also, just in case it makes a difference, the server is running CentOS Enterprise 4.7, WHM/cPanel 11.3, and PHP 5.2.6

Does anybody have any insight into this one?

-jeremy