[thelist] installing Zend Framework

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Fri Nov 7 19:54:17 CST 2008

> I've installed the library folder in /usr/share/Zend/
> Updated PHP's include_path to .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home:/usr/share/Zend/library

I see now.

> I have a page that starts off with:
>
> 	include_once('/Zend/Loader.php');
include_once('Loader.php'); should work due to how you have your include
path declared.  The first forward slash in include_once('/Zend/Loader.php');
tells PHP to look for Loader.php in the folder 'Zend' below the root.
Since you have it set as /usr/share/Zend/library a relative declaration
of include_once would work.

see: http://us2.php.net/ini.core

  include_path  string

    Specifies a list of directories where the require(), include(),
fopen(), file(), readfile() and file_get_contents() functions look for
files. The format is like the system's PATH environment variable: a list
of directories separated with a colon in Unix or semicolon in Windows.

    Example #1 Unix include_path

    include_path=".:/php/includes"

    Example #2 Windows include_path

    include_path=".;c:\php\includes"

    Using a . in the include path allows for relative includes as it
means the current directory.

since you're using include_path see:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.include-once.php