[thelist] can someone build a 100-page website with onlyHTML/CSS skill?

Zachary Kent zachary.kent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:05:59 CST 2008

> We are just moving to Dreamweaver templates - and planing to use
> Contribute to expand our author base, - but up to now human process,
> checking and SSI and some serious caring has got us by.

I would agree with this.  For HTML/PHP websites, DW is the way to go.  It
will correct links when you move or rename files, you can use template that
automatically update all related pages, and PHP includes are visible in the
WYSIWYG editor.  If the client needs the ability to edit content, they can
purchase Contribute for $150 (or so) and edit the pages themselves (only the
editable portions if you used DW templates).

Otherwise, use a CMS because most sites grow and get more complex than you
think they will and its often before the site is complete.

Zach