[thelist] Turn pg_query result into lines with three fields [php]

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Thu Nov 13 07:01:36 CST 2008

Hi there,

I am not much of an expert. The normal display of postgres query
results works well for me. But now I would like to convert a table
(query) like this one

	id    y1970    y1971    y1972 ......
	1       23           25           28
	2        8             9             5
	3      83            94          102

into an XML with this format

	id, year, value

Seems to me that I can't use the pg_fetch_array, as it doesn't enable
me to read the column title (the year). There is pg_fieldname for
that, but then I would have to loop first this one, then the values.

I guess there is a more efficient way to obtain what I want, no?

Thanks for any hints,

Stef