[thelist] can someone build a 100-page website with only HTML/CSS skill?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Thu Nov 13 19:34:35 CST 2008

Bob Meetin 写道:
> Whatever solution you choose:
Thanks a lot for the item-by-item informative reply.
> 2) I learned recently that I could add the following line to my
> .htaccess file to get .html files to work like .php files:
>
> AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .htm .html
>
> I investigated this because #1 was the case on a client's site.

Luckily we are her hosting company, so we have the influence. Thanks for
the information.
> 3) If you are an advent of table-less design, then take a very deep
> breath if Contribute enters the conversation.  Table-less design and
> Contribute don't respect one another.  Also to note, Contribute does not
> shake hands glowingly with PHP include files. Rolling eyeballs beware.

Fortunately (Unfortunately?) that the tutorial book she went through
with my help does not mention how to layout using <table> at all, so she
ends up not knowing it. Well, I picked the book.
> 4) If you choose to go with any CMS or CMS-clone system that results in
> new file names then it is vital that you set up redirects in your
> .htaccess file, otherwise the site could lose years' worth of built up
> search engine rankings.

Cool URI doesn't change, right? I'm not even going to rename them:)
Thanks for noticing.

I couldn't believe Joomula couldn't generate neat URI. It should be that
it is only not good at redirecting old URI instead.