[thelist] newspaper community site/structure

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Nov 26 08:07:02 CST 2008

Just a little brainstorming here.  I have a client-in-waiting who has a
newspaper, actually part of a community of newspapers.  Example:

Visit www.newspaper.com

At the toplevel you get general news/such pertinent to all (say for the
county). Then via a drop down menu you select a more localized smaller
newspaper, say CityA or CityB, and you get specifics for that city,
news, advertisements, etc.  So the jump would take you to possibly:

www.newspaper.com/CityA
www.newspaper.com/CityB
www.newspaper.com/CityC
etc...

This structure is not in place yet, but this is the goal.  We are
probably going to set this up using Joomla or similar.  First of all I
suggested it would probably be better to set up the structure now vs.
retrofit.  If any of you have done something similar I'm entertaining
any gotchas in advance.  Thx.

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!