[thelist] CSS iamge overlay/rollover...

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:48:49 CST 2008

Hi all...

I've got a few category images, where my boss wants me to do a rollover.
but the rollover should be a slightly opaque colored layer, with some text.
So you can still see the original layer underneath..

I've tried to do stuff with z-index etc.. but I can't use position:
absolute, as there are several that are dynamically being generated
and I won't know their positions.

Confused...

Thoughts?

--
"The only people who don't make mistakes are those who don't do anything"

Give a man a fish and he'll feed himself for a day.
Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish.
Anon

`We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.`
Kurt Vonnegut

`When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others
to laugh at him.`
Thomas Szasz