[thelist] storing user information and allowing them to"finishlater" and payment issues

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 11:45:19 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:03 AM, Nan Harbison <nan at nanharbison.com> wrote:

> Wow, thanks for this. I was very paranoid about security, so I hope I am
> complying, but I will have to read all this information.

I think the bottom line is "don't retain credit card numbers" :-)

In your situation, you could either
1) charge the card when submitted the first time if payment info is
     present, even if the form is incomplete, or
2)  authorize the charge, which will give you a transaction id to save
     to use later when the form is completed

In either case, no CC data is retained (other than what you need to be
able to reverse a transaction, of course).

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com