[thelist] A simple cms

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 11:10:31 CST 2008

I have built a simple cms into a website and to access the controls I
have provided a link to a url (with query string) which downloads a
cookie to the user's machine. Then when the user accesses the website a
link to the cms is provided but only the macine with the cookie can see it.

There is no sensitive data there, no sql database and the cookie expires
after about a month.

As far as I can see the cookie is no different to a user saving their
user name and password on their computer. If I am to use it where more
than 1 person will have access I will add another stage where they have
to add their usr & pw.

Its written in php.

What would be the security issues around this approach?
--

Kind Regards

  Chris Price
  Choctaw

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk <mailto:chris.price at choctaw.co.uk>
www.choctaw.co.uk <http://www.choctaw.co.uk>

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder while
Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

 >> Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd <<

Choctaw Media Limited is a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 04627649

Registered Office: Lonsdale Partners, Priory Close,
St Mary's Gate, Lancaster LA1 1XB . United Kingdom