[thelist] nomenclature - site map / web site

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 5 04:57:34 CST 2008

On 04/12/2008, Hugh Miller <hmiller at cfpress.co.uk> wrote:
> My own preferences in brackets below.
> > * Login or Log in --> use login as the noun and log in as the verb form
> > (this was a good reminder, case probably relevant to current usage)

I agree but discourage anybody to actually use the noun login in front
of the user.

"Please log in with your login and password" - No, I think username is
more user-friendly, as a compound noun or a two word phrase.

"Your last login was on:" would be better as "You last logged in on:"
in my opinion.  If I wanted to show the time the user currently logged
in, I would never say "Your login was at:", but would say "You logged
in at:".

"We had x logins today" would be fine, but sounds like slang to me, I
suppose I just don't like the noun anywhere.

--
Lee