[thelist] why web pages look having different color on different LCDs?

Hugh Miller hmiller at cfpress.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 11:15:29 CST 2008

Quoting Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz>:

 Bob, that sounds much more of a calibration issue through Linux. I'm not a
linux user so cannot tell you where your monitor profiles or calibration is set
but if you can access that you might be able to resolve the problem?

The fact you mention web forms blending into the background certainly suggests
that, and it might be as simple as just changing the contrast on your monitor.
I'm going to guess that it's unlikely that actual colours are missing from the
palette.

--
Hugh Miller
Web Developer

Tel:   +44 (0)1475 726511
Fax:   +44 (0)1475 783734
Email: hmiller at cfpress.co.uk

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. If you have received it in error, please inform the sender and delete
it immediately. The views or opinions contained within this email may not be
those of Clyde & Forth Press Ltd, which accepts no liability for any damage
caused by the transmission of any viruses. E-mail traffic is monitored within
Clyde & Forth Press Ltd and messages may be viewed.

Clyde & Forth Press Ltd is a company registered in Scotland (SC132609) with its
registered office at Pitreavie Business Park, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8QS.

believed to be clean.