[thelist] spammers / IP address / specific or wildcard match

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Dec 9 10:13:51 CST 2008

I have a couple forms I have intentionally left open to capture spammer IP addresses. I know there are supposedly agencies where this stuff can be reported as
well as adding the specific IP address to a deny list, but I'm wondering how much good this does as IP addresses change and such. Fact is, if a really small
local business is getting spammed by an IP tracked to a different land I could probably add some sort of wildcard to the deny as in:

if 68.63.83.12
then perhaps anything like: 68.63.83.

Does this work?

Bob