[thelist] Financial Situation

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:40:31 CST 2008

Is anyone else considering lowering their hourly rate to get new
clients due to the financial situation in the US? I have been trying
for 2 weeks to get new work (I'm not 100% out of work yet, but I sure
want to get more *before* then) and the response has been very very
slow. Two small jobs I did, but nothing big.

I am asking a bit more than what I'm used to. Now I think I should ask
at least what I usually get or even less. I hear that layoffs are
common all over the place and people are struggling. I don't read the
news much (OK, not at all) so I'm wondering if this situation is
affecting people like us also.