[thelist] Where is SVG? And where stands SVG in comparison to Flash?

Conyers, Dwayne dwayne.conyers at hp.com
Mon Dec 15 11:14:29 CST 2008

John Dowdell [jdowdell at adobe.com] was rumored to have stated:

> I don't know that anyone has bothered updating the
> common conformance testing of the current most-
> popular browsers, but regardless of brand, over 90%
> of them already have a predictable renderer with
> screaming logic:

We have some legacy SVG files... many of them work wonderfully and scale beautifully with IE 7 and Firefox 3, but some files tend to “explode” -- requiring a refresh of the browser that *sometimes* fixes the problem.

I think it is a memory issue -- certainly not an issue with Flash (except for the nagging Z-order issue where Flash overrides scripted pop-ups in dominance, unlike SVG).

--
I made magic once.  Now, the sofa is gone.
http://blog.dwacon.com