[thelist] need some software recommendations

ivo cervantes_vive at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 12:17:58 CST 2008

> I'm needing a Windows program to analyze mysql log files

My employer uses Splunk to mine log files & it is very comprehensive. It has a free version that might suit your needs and its docs say it handles databases but I have not used it for that. Still might be worth a look.

http://www.splunk.com/article/1188

>If anyone knows of a program that will
> indent html code (or a method of doing it quickly), please let me know
> (my php editor works great for php but doesn't indent the html).

Try tidy, I find it invaluable not just linting but noting errors & potential errors in html.

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

- Ivo