[thelist] PHP Functions

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:19:51 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Santilal Parbhu <santilal at scorpioneng.co.nz
> wrote:

> Hi Blake, Jack
>
> Thanks for the replies.  It sounds like I have not explained what I am
> trying to do very clearly.  Let me try again.
>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks again for the advice.
>
> Santilal

So basically you have a group of users (in the form of leagues,
associations, etc) that will have access to their teams information, games,
roster, etc.

I really don't see how you might have to duplicate scripts. Have one script,
and pass it MySQL data, Session data, etc. I assume you're using MySQL; if
you're not, then a flat-file php script for each team -is- probably best.
I'm also assuming you're doing includes: If not, there's a php.net file you
can reference on it.

.htaccess (or, even better, direct Apache configs) have abundant tutorials,
many that can even be found on the Apache site [1] (I keep it bookmarked
because I've had to forward it so often).

I may be missing the case you are trying to make, or maybe your idea pattern
is stuck in what you currently set up and it's hard for you to see what we
mean.

[1] - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html
--
-Jack Timmons