[thelist] Downloadable Business Directory

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:01:21 CST 2009

Not sure about the domain names, but you should be able to pick up a scraper
script fairly cheap that will grab the listings from yellowpages.com and
store them in a db. From there he'd be able to do whatever he wanted with
the data.

But if he's specifically looking at business names, you'd probably want to
hit the Secretary of State website for each state and get the listings for
corporations other registered businesses. I also vaguely recall a federal
website that did something with business names... I think it was named after
a president but can't remember which one.

-jeremy