[thelist] list guidelines (was Re: Best Windows Registry Cleaner Product?)

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:55:33 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Erika Meyer <ekm at seastorm.com> wrote:

> from the circa 1998 source on thelist:
> "Anything that relates to Web development is up for discussion."
>
> so...
> Everything else requires a <tip>...
>
> an informal addendum:
>
> OS vs OS flamebait requires two tips.
> Any OT post about Texas requires an extra-large tip. ;)
>
> ALL of these posts would have been on-topic for thechat;
> only posts relating to web development are OT for the chat.
>
> HTH!
>
> Erika

I will adhere to your advise faithfully, then, and thank you. I signed up on
the list because of css-d, and hadn't had a chance to view the sites. Much
appreciated!

-Jack

<tip type="CSS" author="Jack Timmons">
Using pre-made CSS resets are great, but they never beat ones made
specifically for your site.
</tip>

Like that?

--