[thelist] Web and email hosting - with blackberry?

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Fri Jan 9 05:57:15 CST 2009

I have only dealt with a Blackjack and the AT&T Tilt cell phones, but I
imagine the Blackberry is as easy to set up as these two. You just have to
follow the directions on the Blackberry.
Choose a webhost which has a decent user guide on setting up an email
client, giving you all the setting that need to be used. Here is Godaddy's
help:
http://help.godaddy.com/topic/167/article/4715
It gives you the basic configuration and then has specific instruction pages
for Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.

Make sure you pick a webhost that allows outgoing SMTP mail. Some hosts make
you use your own ISP outgoing mail settings, which means if you are on a
laptop, you can't send email unless you are at home.

Nan