[thelist] URL Includes

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 14:07:50 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Matt McKeon <matt at camadro.com> wrote:

> Have you checked the firewall of the  server hosting the files? It may
> be blocking your new servers IP.
>
> Just a shot in the dark.

Apologies, let me clarify:

The site was previously coded referencing itself in the URL's. Specifically,
the coder at the time didn't know a better method, so in order to pass
variables to a PHP included script, they were doing:

http://thissite.com/scriptname.php?getvariable=value

While I know that's not called for, that's how it was done. I -doubt- it's
the firewall, since I know port 80 is open (unless php is making requests to
a different port).

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Judah McAuley <judah at wiredotter.com> wrote:

> My first guess is that the new server can't resolve the urls you are
> including. Try doing a lookup from the command line or using curl to
> resolve the urls and see if it is a local dns issue.
>
> Judah

It could still be a DNS issue, but...

Now that I've been thinking about it, this happened right after we changed
domain names. I'm wondering if someone didn't set the Apache configuration
up correctly or something.

In either case, I'm about ready to give up finding the answer and simply
waiting until I can recode the site. Thanks for everyone's ideas. I'm afraid
I don't even have all the information I'd need to solve it myself, let alone
paint a decent technical picture for others to be able to solve it.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com