[thelist] Review my site..... Please

patrick pms at stoutstreet.com
Wed Jan 14 10:13:28 CST 2009

Megan Holbrook wrote:
> Martyn -
>
> At a very quick glance, your informal home page introduction might be
> better replaced with a paragraph that stresses your high standards, the
> high profile of your clients, the wide range of services you provide,
> and that you cover (all/most?) of the UK. Maybe include more examples of
> projects up front, rather than just a single image.
>
> My initial reaction was that this was probably a website for a smaller
> business, until I saw the page with your clients on it. Overall, I think
> the writing could be more professional. I'd also get rid of the Google
> ads, banner ads, search, etc. at the bottom, which don't belong on a
> business website (and might lead people to other similar contractors to
> boot!).
>
> HTH, Megan

Martyn,

I would reiterate Megan's comments and add that the w3c stuff would be
better presented as text links and in a lighter font. Not to downplay
the hard work, but not many folks beyond our field care about this so
much that they want to see logos for it on every page.

--

patrick sanders
http://www.stoutstreet.com