[thelist] Review my site..... Please

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:41:18 CST 2009

On a side note:

I would personally get rid of the "This Website is optimised Internet
Explorer 6 <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/downloads/default.mspx>and
above. However
Firefox <http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/#feature-vsie> is
recomended" stuff. Especially since the spelling is wrong.

Rework the Company Information and Accreditation page to be more coherent. I
find myself wondering why you talk about proficiency out of no where (maybe
I just didn't follow the site right, but is that my fault, or the site?). I
would put the drop-down nav at the top, although it seems out of place with
the rest of the site.

If you -want- to list all those icons, do it on one about page. While
showing you strive for validation is good, as others have said, it's not
needed on every page. Putting it on an about page should suffice.

My green post-it note that's gathering dust attracts more attention than
your clients page. Try to fill it out more. What did you do, etc.

Same with your services page. I might offer subheadings for categories
followed by explanations You Inspection and Testing page appears to be
heading in the right direction.

On a technical note, I would suggest removing spaces from file names, and
replacing them either with _ or -'s or just leaving them out. That's mostly
opinion right now, but there are plenty of things you might do with a web
page in which those spaces would cause issues.

That's my final review. Time to enjoy my lunch.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com