[thelist] Review my site..... Please

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 13:08:53 CST 2009

On 14/1/09 16:13, patrick wrote:
> I would reiterate Megan's comments and add that the w3c stuff would be
> better presented as text links and in a lighter font. Not to downplay
> the hard work, but not many folks beyond our field care about this so
> much that they want to see logos for it on every page.

I'd put this much more strongly: the W3C links are an utterly irrelevant
item that at best will be ignored by your customers and at worst will
distract them, so they should be simply be removed.

Anybody who seriously cares about validation:

1. Knows how to use the validators and doesn't need links to them.

2. Knows that the presence of a badge or link is no indication of
validity or even a real attempt at validity.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis