[thelist] exporting content from joomla site

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Jan 15 10:00:49 CST 2009

Sarah,

I've gotten response from the forum, but it tends to be just a "tad"
lethargic.  Amongst other things, there are a number of Twitter accounts
that you can follow or follow which might come in handy.  I'm sifting
through several and am even getting "followed" by others.  Fred will be
happy to know that you can probably do the same with "Drupal".  Daggers....

Anyway, you probably want to grab the content from jos_content,
jos_categories and jos_sections.  If you don't have users synchronized
your content items will probably end up with wrong ownership, so either
you let it go knowing this is devel or you need to update this as well.

I did a lot of playing with test/devel websites before messing with the
users list, jos_users.  This can get ugly because there are a number of
related tables to users, which if not synchronized, will end up in you
being unable to log in as super administrator.  This took me a couple
days to figure out.  I wrote several shell scripts ( #!/bin/sh ) to both
backup, dump and restore tables.  They are 'somewhat' documented but
off-list I can send some your way if you want.

Also to note, if you have added Community Builder, it gets a little more
complicated, but again, doable.

-Bob

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!