[thelist] Target="_blank" error

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:06:35 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Nan Harbison <nan at nanharbison.com> wrote:

> How can XHTML 1.0 strict not have the target attribute! I use that often,
> esp when a link takes people off the website to another site! Does this
> just
> mean I will almost never use XHTML 1.0 strict?
>
> Nan

I'm of the opinion that it's not our place to decide if the user gets
something in a new window. Just like font sizing, images, and more, our
users should be able to choose if they want to see or deal with them, and
how.

If you really want to have new windows open up, as others have mentioned,
you can use Javascript. Just make sure they can still use the link if
JavaScript is off.

Or maybe I'm just a standardista of an inflexible caliber.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com