[thelist] Asking for email address twice

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:39:16 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> Is anyone aware of any studies that indicate that asking for a user's
> email address twice ("Email:", "Confirm Email:") actually results in
> more accurate email addresses?

I'm pretty sure a PHB somewhere saw the password re-type field, didn't
quite understand why there's a retype for password and not anything
else, and decided to get the dev guys to do the same thing on the
company website.

It makes no sense, and I can honestly say that I've never done
anything except copy & paste into the second field.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA