[thelist] Web clipping application

L. Mohan Arun (marun2@gmail.com) marun2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 01:13:57 CST 2009

Thanks for the answers to my query about web clips application. Somebody
mentioned Google Reader. I already use Google Reader. But I dont want to
keep that tab open. I want only Gmail tab to be open. What I wanted is
something more sophisticated along the same lines of "Web clips" in Gmail.
It displays a horizontal strip of RSS feed titles one at a time at the top
of your Gmail. I want to be able to display atleast 5 such titles from
different feeds at the same time. Forward and backward navigation through in
each horizontal line. Ability to assign priority to each feed, able to
specify blocked keywords appearing in titles. I am willing to install a
desktop client application or a Google Gadget may be, but I found no gadget
that currently meets my requirements from here:
http://desktop.google.com/plugins/c/sidebar/news.html
Any advice may be helpful.
--
Read my blog