[thelist] Google and Indexing problem

graham.hays graham.hays at visualcomputing.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 08:05:37 CST 2009

Hi all

I've been working on a client site and despite resubmitting a sitemap to
Google, the Webmaster Tools still shows 404 and "Errors for URLs in
Sitemaps" despite the fact the page has been deleted and is not in the
current sitemap.xml. (and neither is it in any link in the site)

Google shows the sitemap as being updated 15 hours ago (the file was deleted
and an earlier sitemap - also without the file being referenced - submitted
several days earlier).

SO how do I get rid of this kind of error? Or is it just a case of waiting
on Google? And if so when should I expect the error to go?

Graham