[thelist] Google and Indexing problem

Roel Mulder roel.mulder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:03:57 CST 2009

Hi Graham,
404's tend to stay around (that is being mentioned as such by Google)
for weeks. If you know it is fixed, for the sake of your health,
ignore the webmaster tools telling you otherwise.
And even as URLs render a 404 according to Google, these very pages
may still remain present in their index for several weeks.

On the other hand, adding a page, you may find it indexed within minutes...

Cheers,
Roel Mulder