[thelist] SQL: Select first item for each person for each day

jft jft at worrigee.net
Tue Feb 24 19:22:58 CST 2009

Judah,
Try:
  select a1.id, a1.patient_id, a1.doctor, a1.appointment_date
     from Appointment a1
  where a1.appointment_date  =
      (select min(a2.appointment_date)
         from Appointment a2
       where a2.patient_id = a1.patient_id
          and cast(a2.appointment_date as date) = cast(a1.appointment_date as date))
     and cast(a1.appointment_date as date) = '25 February 2009'
HTH
John