[thelist] SQL: Select first item for each person for each day

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Tue Feb 24 19:11:26 CST 2009

Ken Schaefer wrote:
> 	CAST(b.Appointment_Date AS Int) = CAST(GetDate() AS Int)

That's an interesting shortcut!

I would think that is time fluxing too, but testing shows me otherwise.
Looks like that is the number of days since 01-01-1900.

Guess we only have to worry about SQL integer overflow in 5.8 million
years. But the SQL Date field will over flow by year 10,000 anyway, so
it's a moot point. :-)

Thanks for the info.

--
Anthony Baratta

Gollum: verb
To obsessively and compulsively covet without the ability to enjoy that
which you covet.