[thelist] SOLVED - IIS 7 and SQL Server 2008

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Sun Mar 8 19:48:03 CDT 2009

In case anyone else comes across this issue, here is what the problem was.

In SQL Server 2008, there is a new "password policy" in which the user must
change their password at first login.  I didn't see this until I set up the
server to try to access the site locally.  Once I did that, I was able to
see the message that I needed to change the password.  After a search on
Google, I see that is the case, by default.  It turned out to be a good
thing, as I needed to make stronger passwords anyway.  But it sure took a
while to get there!

Thanks again to Mark for trying to help.  I posted this to Experts Exchange
as well and it apparently baffled everyone there too.  One person gave me
some things to look at, which ultimately led me to the solution.

Todd