[thelist] IMAP

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri Mar 13 10:14:55 CDT 2009

I know this works with tbird, and even that other guy, OL, - my question
really is about how IMAP can help my clients?  I've been using pop for
years because my situation warrants nothing else.

If I set him up at the office for IMAP, then at home for IMAP, how does
that work to keep email synchronized?  He wants to be able to go home
and manage email, but not have it download to his computer like with POP
and not be able to access it at work.  Yes I know you can set up POP to
leave a copy on the server but that can lead to administration.

Does IMAP work as a virtual single inbox?  Until you do some action?
It's been at least 10 years since I've messed with it.

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me at www.Twitter.com/bobmeetin or www.Twitter.com/dottedi, Facebook, LinkedIn, or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!