[thelist] Browser Issue

Volkan Özçelik volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 00:41:47 CDT 2009

Never mind,
I've not seen the former thread (because it was named differently). There's
an ongoing discussion about this topic I guess.

<tip author="Volkan Özçelik" title="threading in theList">
When you change the subjectline of a list conversation, most of the mail
clients regard it as a new discussion topic.

So any change in the subject of an e-mail (adding a word, changing the
capitalization etc.) will open a new thread.

Therefore,

* If you feel like the topic in the discussion is deviating from the
original, it is a good practice to change the subject line.
* On the contrary, if there is an ongoing discussion and the main topic of
it has not altered too much, you are better off not altering the subject.
</tip>

I receive around 300 e-mails daily.
That's way I haven't seen the former thread.

Sorry for taking your time,

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik