[thelist] fonts.

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Wed Mar 18 13:44:24 CDT 2009

What are you using to build webpages? Are you doing it in just a word
processing program like notepad, or at the other extreme, something like
Dreamweaver?
Dreamweaver allows you to specify a group of fonts as a chosen font, and I
**think** this is done because if a person's computer doesn't have the first
specified font, it will look for the next one in the list, although I am not
sure how I arrived at this explanation.

Some web developers think it is easier to read a sans serif font on a
computer screen, where serif fonts are better in print, because the
resolution is better. I am not sure if this still holds. I still use sans
serif fonts for the majority of text on web pages. But newer computer
monitors have such amazing resolution, maybe it doesn't matter any more.

Just my 2 cents!
Nan