[thelist] They emptied the MySQL DB

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 07:57:34 CDT 2009

I have a client who accidentally emptied his MySQL DB. A few hundred
thousand records are gone--the system continues to run so 50 new
records (new orders) have been inserted since then. He copied the
ibdata1 fie and saved it on the Windows Server 2003 server, but that
was right *after* he nixed the data. He isn't even sure what he did
exactly--his 'friend' who 'knows MySQL' was helping him to copy the DB
and somehow they emptied the live one.

I told him that I am 99.9% certain that there is no way to retrieve
that lost data, but I thought I would check...

Nothing like stupid clients. :)

lol